In 1978, the Inaugural Klondike Rush set out on the now historic 10K course. In the years since the Klondike Rush has grown to include the 5K course and the Klondike Volks. Back for its 4th Annual ‘running’, the Klondike Volks is an event for those that are looking for less Rush and more stroll, giving them to chance to experience the historic 10K course at their own pace.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 42nd Annual Klondike Rush is limited to pre-race day registration. Participants are required to register online by July 31st. No day-of registrations will be taken in order to ease the process of adhering to Public Health Orders.
Social distancing practices will be in effect and participants are encouraged to wear masks or face shields before and after the race. The start of the race will be stagged to allow for additional social distancing. Participants are required to start with the division they registered for.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own water bottles if they feel they will need water. The 5k will not have a water station. The 10k will have a single water station with single-use water bottles.
Join The Fun
Registration may only be done online. Click the Register Now button below.
When & Where
- Saturday, August 1st
- Johnson County Family YMCA – 101 Klondike Drive – Buffalo, WY 82834
- Youth: $25.00
- Adult (18+): $35.00
- Additional shirt(s): $10.00 each
Order of Events
Friday, July 31st
- 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Check-in and packet pick-up at the YMCA
- Registration closes at 7:00 PM
Saturday, August 1st
- 6:30 am – Packet pick-up open – Pre-registration required
- 6:30 am – Start of the Klondike Volks 10K
- 7:10 am – Check-in and packet pick-up closes
- 7:20 am – Pre-Race instruction and singing of the National Anthem
- 7:25 am – 10K Race Start
- 7:30 am – 5K Competitive (I’m looking to place)
- 7:35 am – 5K Non-Competitive (I’m looking to enjoy myself, though I could still place)
- 8:45 am – Awards
The Y facility will be closed during the race. Portable bathrooms and handwashing stations will be available for use in the parking lot.
4th Annual Klondike Volksmarch
For those wanting less rush and more stroll, sign up for the 10K walk. The Y has partnered with our local chapter of the American Volkssport Association: The Buffalo Pathfinders. The route is the same as the historic 10K running route. This is an un-timed event, so we invite you to enjoy the natural beauty of Wyoming at your own pace. This event has a prompt start at 6:30 am with late starts not permitted.