If you are interested in employment at the Johnson County Family YMCA we’d love to hear from you. The following openings are currently available. If you are interested in one or more of these positions please fill out the below form or stop by the front desk. You could be a couple of short steps from joining the Y team.
Programs Coordinator + Aquatics Assistant [Full-time]
This full-time blended position with benefits includes salary, health insurance, paid time off, 401K, and cell phone allowance.
- Organize and oversees Flag Football
- Organize and manage Yball seasons for two age groups
- Manage two volleyball seasons
- Lead the creation of new programs
- Assist Aquatics Director with training and programs
- Help lead Gym & Swim program
- Lifeguard various times during the week
- Assist with group and private lessons
Facilities Coordinator / Director [Full-time]
This full-time position with benefits includes salary, health insurance, paid time off, 401K, and cell phone allowance.
- Grounds maintenance including lawn care and snow removal
- HVAC and air handler monitoring
- Circulation pump monitoring for domestic, drainage, and boiler systems
- General repair and maintenance throughout the two facilities
- Liaison to contractors, contracted service providers, janitorial staff
- Possess an ability to be a self-starter and confidence taking ownership of areas in your care
- Ability to lift and carry supplies as needed for a range of projects
- Ability to be flexible to meet the demands of the position
- Basic understanding of systems including sprinklers, HVAC, circulation pumps, small engines, lawn equipment
Lifeguards play a critical role in this facility by maintaining the safety of our aquatic patrons. With our Aquatics Center open for more than 75 hours per week lifeguards are always in high demand. If you are looking for a few extra hours lifeguarding might be for you.
If you have a certification as a personal trainer and would like to share your knowledge and help others achieve their best selves. Then the Y is looking for you.
Group Exercise Instructors
Do you have a passion for fitness that you would like to share with others? If so, stop by and let’s chat. Our Group Exercise schedule currently has many offerings, but we are always eager to offer more.
Part-Time Membership Services Staff
This position is on the front lines of what we do at the Y. Our Membership Services Staff is the first person to greet you when you walk in the door. If you enjoy a social and friendly environment and possess good organizational skills you may really enjoy this.
Volunteering at the Y
Without the interest and continued involvement of our volunteers, we would not be able to provide the high-quality programming and services our community expects and deserves. As an organization with youth development at the forefront of our focus, the safety and well-being of the children in our care is a top priority. Our Volunteer Certification Process will ensure that we are all doing our part to protect the youth of Johnson County.
Child Care Staff
Do you have a passion for helping children learn and grow? If so, the YMCA is in search of Child Care Staff for our state-licensed Child Care facility. Our staff engages with the children in our facility on a daily basis in the form of exciting, engaging activities designed to stimulate the children’s physical and mental development.
No Current Openings