Mission: Provide our young members with a safe and fun environment to learn, foster friendships, and explore character-building activities that will shape the rest of their lives.
The Y provides a wide range of activities for children ages 6 weeks through 8th grade all year long. All of the Y’s programs focus on providing a fun and safe atmosphere for our youth while fostering the passion for lifelong health and wellness.
The Y in the Park resides in a restored and remodeled historic log building in Buffalo’s Washington City Park and further expands the Y’s mission of serving the community. This beautiful spacious lodge serves as base for Camp 307 our outdoor experience and education program for 3rd – 8th-grade youth.
Drop In Child Care
With a family membership, members may use our state-licensed child care, which accepts children from 6 weeks old – kindergarten. Our childcare is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon. With lots of active play, crafts, and stories your kiddos are sure to have a great time in a safe environment.
Gym & Swim
The focus of our preschool gym & swim program is to help develop your child’s gross motor skills through active play. We will be offering 9 different classes for the 2017-18 school year. The swim classes will consist of water safety, stroke development, and water games. The gym classes will focus on games, sports, and activities that help develop teamwork, sportsmanship, and kinetic awareness.
Next Available Sessions
- November 2nd – 24th | Swim Lessons
- December 7th – 22nd | Swim Lessons
- January 4th 28th | Swim Lessons
- February 1st – 25th | Classic Indoor Games
- March 1st – 25th | Swim Lessons
- April 5th – 29th | Soccer
- May 3rd – 25th | End of School Swim Fun
Available Time Slots & Age Groups:
- Monday, Wednesday | 4 – 5 Preschool | 11:15 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday | 4 – 5 Preschool | 11:15 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday | Kindergarten | 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday | Pre-K | 3:15 pm – 4:00 pm
All of the gym & swim classes are high energy and are sure to help your preschooler make friends, memories, and learn new skills. We welcome all preschoolers that are 4-6 years old. Children must be able to dress/undress themselves for swimming.