Topic: Sports & Athletics
Camp Ensures Kids Have The Best Summer Ever!
Friendship, Belonging, Accomplishment
Summer Camp is about learning new skills, developing character, and making friends. However, few environments are as special as camp, where kids become part of a community as they learn how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social, and educational activities.
Summer Camp at the Y in the Park is a fun and happy place to enjoy the summer. The days are filled with playing games, creative arts and crafts, exploring science and technology, swimming, participating in field trips, appreciating nature, and discovering our community. It also provides youth with supervised activities that teach core values, conflict resolution, and leadership skills. Our camp counselors are dedicated to making sure that camp is an amazing experience for every kid who attends.
Come and join the adventure!
Y in the Park Summer Camp:
* Monday – Friday, starting on Tuesday, May 31st – August 22nd from 7:30am – 5:30pm
* For kids who are either 6 years old or have completed kindergarten through 6th grade
* $22/day or $85/week for Y members
* $30/day or $110/week for non-members
* Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided
* Dress to play outside and bring a swimsuit and towel every day
* Weekly schedules will be available with additional information
CAMP READERS CLUB
It’s fun to read!
This summer we will continue our Camp Readers Club to help kids prevent summer learning loss. The program will focus on phonics, writing, and reading to boost literacy skills, along with enrichment activities to support their physical, social, and emotional growth.
However, we know that to kids that sounds boring…. we will be teaching kids that reading can give you a break from a daily routine. Reading will expose kids to new experiences, as well as help stimulate their developing imaginations and creativity. We want kids to know that reading is a versatile form of entertainment that brings forth inspiration in our lives. We will use tongue twisters, poetry, riddles, music, comics, art, and so much more.
Each day during Summer Camp, kids will have the opportunity to listen to staff and peers read stories out loud. They will be journaling and discussing alternative endings. They will even create their own versions of these and other stories that they may hear or already know.
The camp will visit the Johnson County Public Library on a weekly basis, giving the kids an opportunity to find and share books that they feel are interesting. When kids read, they have more self-confidence, better behavior, and are able to communicate with other people more effectively.
Y IN THE PARK
At the Y in the Park, kids are in a safe environment with nurturing adults where they feel welcome, and explore new talents and interests to reach their potential. We want to ensure that kids in our camp program go home with so much excitement for all they’ve accomplished and enjoyed that they can’t wait to come back the next day.
September 7th – 30th
October 5th – 28th
November 2nd – 25th
August 29th – October 12th
The Y Afterschool Care Program provides a safe and nurturing environment for your children to learn, grow, and develop social skills. Our qualified, trained staff engages youth in active and purposeful play in a way that encourages them to exercise their bodies and their minds. The Y Afterschool Care includes children who are in Kindergarten through 12 years of age. The kids will enjoy and benefit from:
- Homework enrichment – enhances and supports school day learning while providing youth with homework support
- Physical activity and healthy snacks – youth are provided with the opportunity to enjoy healthy snack choices along with 30 minutes of daily physical fitness
- Small and large group activities – youth make meaningful and intentional choices with hands-on activities focusing on arts and humanities, science, mathematics, literacy, nutrition, and service learning
- Focus on building community – focus on building positive relationships and enhancing conflict resolution skills through team building activities and day-to-day interactions with peers
- Youth voice and leadership – opportunities for youth to provide input by helping to develop daily activities, school out day field trips and leading games with peers
Our state licensed program is FREE to YMCA members and only $5/day for non-members
Our doors are open from 3:15pm to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday